Survivor: Name the BabyDear Mark Burnett: I am poor. You can sue me for using the S-word, but I have nothing so you might as well not waste your time.
So we have this baby to name. The spouse and I were having trouble agreeing on anything, so he made up a game. Here are the rules:
1. We compile a big list of all the names we like. We ended up with 58 boy names and 79 girl names.
2. We each get to give a certain number of names immunity from being voted off the island. Because we had more girl names, we each immunized six of those. We each gave five boy names immunity.
3. From what was left, we each got to vote three boy names and five girl names off the island. You think I'm naming my kid OTIS? Think again, sweetpea.
4. Every day, we each get to vote off one boy name and one girl name. This will continue until neither of us wants to vote any more names off.
5, The final immunity challenge: names that previously had immunity will be up for voting off. That way the final list will be comprised of names that neither of us actively hates. The goal is to have a list of names that we would both be happy, or at least not unhappy, to saddle our kid with.
6. He makes the final decision on the boy name and I make the final decision on the girl name.
So that's how you play Survivor: Baby Name. If anybody else out there decides to play, holler. I'd love to hear how it works out for you.